Please note that some events in the calendar were added months in advance. Attendees are strongly encouraged to call the sponsoring organization to confirm the day and time.
In 2016, the Town of Wentworth will celebrate its 250th anniversary and we are pleased to announce monthly events to celebrate.
All events are listed on the Town of Wentworth's event calendar with a in front of it to distinguish them from other events.
Also refer to the Wentworth 250 page for additional details.
Posted Thu., Dec. 31, 10:39 AM
- 9/18: Added the Septemberfest event schedule to the notices section and the event calendar.
- 9/5: Added notice describing the upcoming Town Clerk/Tax Collector office closures.
- 9/5: Added a copy of Wentworth's 2016 Cyclical Revaluation results to the Property Tax page.
- 9/5: Selectmen's minutes updated
- 9/5: Planning Commission minutes updated
- 8/2: Added August and September library news
- 7/18: Added a new police report request form to the Police Department page.
- 7/4: School Board minutes updated
- 6/27: Added notice about the transfer station requiring a sticker starting July 1
- 4/17: Added Trustees of the Trust Fund page plus recent minutes.
If you have any questions about or suggestions for the website, please
Thank you for visiting the official website for the Town of Wentworth, New Hampshire.
P.O. Box 2
7 Atwell Hill Road
Wentworth, NH 03282-0002
(near the intersection of Routes 25 and 25A)
There is a computer for public use available in the lobby for viewing assessing information and the town website. Note that there is not a printer connected to this computer. There will be one in the future.
Town Clerk/Tax Collector
Deborah Ziemba, Deputy Town Clerk/Tax Collector
Town Clerk/Tax Collector Assistant
Tuesday: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Septemberfest Event Schedule
The following is a list of events for Septemberfest on September 24. (The abbreviations ("TC", "ES") are included here and on the event calendar above for easy location reference.)
Town Common (TC)
- Noon-5:00 - Kids village. Free games and fun for kids, including a bouncy house
- Noon-1:00 - 2.5K Walk/Run
- 1:30-3:00 - Chainsaw demo
- 3:00-4:00 - Tae Kwon Do demo
There will also be food concessions (food, snacks, and sandwiches) staffed by the Wentworth Fire Department and the Wentworth 8th grade class.
Town Hall and Historical Museum,
East Side Road (ES)
- 1:00-4:00 Classic Cars "Cruise". Park by the Historical Museum.
- 1:00-2:30 Square Dancing, Town Hall.
Food concessions will be available.
Airstrip located by the old railroad bed north of Kings Lumber Yard in Wentworth
- 7:00-8:00 Band Concert
- 8:30- Fireworks
Food concessions will be available.
Posted Sun., Sep. 18, 03:36 PM
The New Hampshire State Primary is Tuesday, September 13. Polls are open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Wentworth Elementary School.
The Town Clerk/Tax Collector's office will be closed on September 13.
Election Day is Tuesday, November 8. Polls are open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Wentworth Elementary School.
The Town Clerk/Tax Collector's office will be closed on November 8.
Posted Thu., Aug. 11, 06:43 PM
Town Clerk/Tax Collector Office Closures
The Town Clerk/Tax Collector's office will be closed on the following dates:
- Tuesday, September 13 for the state primary election.
- Wednesday, September 21 for the annual conference.
- Tuesday, November 8 for the general election.
Posted Fri., Sep. 09, 11:11 AM
2016 Cyclical Revaluation Results
Results from the revaluation earlier this year have been posted to the Property Tax page.
Posted Mon., Sep. 05, 02:22 PM
September 2016 Library News
The September adult book group will meet Monday, September 12 at 6 pm. The book to be discussed is The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom. Copies are available at the library.
Posted Tue., Aug. 02, 07:47 PM
Transfer Station Stickers Required July 1
Beginning July 1st, the town is requiring all those using the transfer station to have a transfer station sticker. The stickers can be obtained from the attendant, by providing proof of residency. (Wentworth vehicle registration, utility bill, mail addressed to your address etc.)
Note that the stickers can no longer be obtained from the Town Clerk.
Posted Mon., Jun. 27, 09:43 PM
The Town is seeking to fill 2 open positions on the Conservation Committee. This is a great opportunity to do conservation work in your community! For information regarding Conservation Committee works, please go to the NH Association of Conservation Commissions NH Conservation Committee website at: http://www.nhacc.org. Wentworth residents that are interested, please contact the Selectmen’s office.
Posted Sun., Apr. 17, 08:29 PM
Verified as still open Fri., Aug. 05, 05:03 PM