TOWN OF WENTWORTH
ORDINANCE RELATIVE TO PROHIBITING OPEN CONTAINERS OF
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE OR LIQUOR IN CERTAIN PLACES WITHIN THE TOWN OF WENTWORTH NEW
Pursuant to RSA 41:11 and 47:17, it is hereby ordained by the Board of
Selectmen of the Town of Wentworth, New Hampshire, as follows:
- ACTIONS PROHIBITED: No person shall carry, transport, possess or
otherwise have under his control any intoxicating liquor, within the limits
of or upon any way, sidewalk, municipal parking lot, park or common, public
building or grounds of any public building, within the limits of the town of
Wentworth, New Hampshire, except in the original container and with the seal
- PENALTY: Any person who violates the provisions of this ordinance
shall be fined a minimum of fifty ($50.00) dollars but not more than one
thousand ($1,000) dollars for each violation.
- EXCEPTIONS: This Ordinance shall not apply under any of the
circumstances excepted in RSA 265:81, V [as amended from time to time], or
in those specific areas, grounds, or buildings authorized to serve liquor
pursuant to a license issued by the New Hampshire Liquor Commission under
- “Intoxicating Liquor” as used herein shall have the same meaning as
defined in RSA 21:33.
- “Public Building” means any local government or school offices,
facilities, or buildings.
- “Way” as used herein shall have the same meaning as defined in RSA
This ordinance shall replace any previous Town of Wentworth Ordinance
relative to public drinking and open containers of alcoholic beverages or
- EFFECTIVE DATE:
This ordinance shall take effect upon passage and supersede any previous
ordinance until amended or repealed by appropriate authority.
Signed this_________ day of ______________________, 2003.
Francis Muzzey, Chairman
Board of Selectmen Wentworth, New Hampshire
Received on __________ day of ___________________, 2003 at ___________.
Linda Brown, Town Clerk
A Public Hearing on this Ordinance was held on July 24, 2003 per RSA 47:18.